Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For about three weeks I have had an itch around the inside…

Customer Question
For about three weeks I...
For about three weeks I have had an itch around the inside area of my buttocks. I thought it would go away but I still have it. It itches mostly around night time. I was wondering what kind of doctor I should see for this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/23/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would say that this might be due to fungal infection most likely as one of a common cause of itching there. I will advise you to apply lamisil or canesten antifungal cream there for four days. These are available OTC. Keep the area dry & clean. I will advise you to see dermatologist specialist in these issues for complete evaluation and treatment. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
You need more help & guidance please ask for more clarification. If you are satisfied with the response then do click accept in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Best wishes