Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I WAS HAVING SEX AND IN THE PROCESS OF GOING IN AND OUT MY…

Customer Question
I WAS HAVING SEX AND...
I WAS HAVING SEX AND IN THE PROCESS OF GOING IN AND OUT MY PENIS BEND AND GOT VERY SWOLLEN,ITS BEEN ABOUT TWO WEEKS NOW THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN BUT THERE IS A HARD LUMP AT THE SIDE OF MY PENIS ,IS THERE A MAJOR PROBLEM
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/23/2010
Doctor: Dr. Gupta, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
This may be a case of "fracture" of the penis.
Fracture occurs when an abnormal force is applied to the erect penis. The 'fracture' is actually a tear in the tunica albuginea, the thick fibrous coat surrounding the corpora cavernosum tissue that produces an erection.

The most important points in treating a fractured penis are:

• pain relief
  • ice packs (always cover with a cloth before applying to skin)
  • support
  • anti-inflammatory drugs.
This regime has satisfactory results in about 80 per cent of patients but in the rest, residual pain and deformity may lead to difficulty with sex. These patients need a urethrogram (a test that shows whether the urethral tube is intact) to exclude urethral damage. If the urethra is not damaged, any collection of blood (haematoma) is drained and repair is carried out to the damaged corpora and tunica.
I would recommend an early physician evaluation for the symptoms described,
All the best