Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left hip only hurts when I come up from the bottom

Customer Question
postion when I squat wih...
my left hip only hurts when I come up from the bottom postion when I squat wih weight 185lbs or more. What is my problem? My mri and xray showed no damage. I also have left knee pain, are the 2 rlated. My mri & xray were of my hip and very small portion of my back.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/23/2010
Doctor: Dr.tiwari, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.tiwari :

Dr.tiwari :

Since when it is there?

Customer:

I do not understand your question. Are you asking me how long I have had this problem?

Customer:

Good bye. I will try again another time.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I am asking since how long time it is there?
The problem started in late September of 2007. So it has been almost 3 years. My hip only bothers during heavy exercises.
Relist: I never got an answer..
I never got an answer.
Thanks for information.

It looks from information that you may have delayed onset muscle soreness(DOMS).This entity is not like the routine muscle soreness or fatigue which is felt after a routine exercise or lifting heavy weight.
This does occur to eccentric contraction in the muscle against there stretching .There are microtears which may not be detected in MRI .You should do following to have relief in this-

1.Avoid sudden lifting of heavy weight or making sudden & heavy change in your routine exercise.

2.Consult to a physiotherpist & have a personal trainer who can guide you during your exercise.

3.Take an ice bath or contrast bath which will help in releieving the pain.

4.Use active recovery technique by doing low impact aerobic exercises which will help in increasing local blood flow ,warming the muscles ,increasing there stretchability & there healing.

5.Take a mild anti inflammatory analgesic like advil or tylenol.

6.Do yoga which will help in relieving pain naturally.

Hope this will help you.

Let me know if you have other queries.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The only time feel pain is when I excelerate up from the bottom postion in the squat, and in the left butt cheak. There is no pain in day to day activity. I have tried sevral stretches and have no change. You need to give a specific stretch or exercise to try.
Doctor: The Physician, Doctor replied 8 years ago
The Physician

Greetings

The pain you describe is due to spasms of one the deep muscles that stabilize the pelvic girdle on the axial skeleton (obturator internus, piriformis and the gemmeli muscles, though they also laterally adduct a flexed thigh)) during the movement of rising from a sitting bottom position to equating (Gluteus muscles).

These musles are stretched by sitting in lotus and moving the foot towards the contra lateral knee, while moving the trunk to the opposite direction.

You also need to take an NSAID + skeletal muscle relaxant for about 5 days

The Physician