Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking amoxicillin fro and ear infection but…

Customer Question
i have been taking amoxicillin...
i have been taking amoxicillin fro and ear infection but have been noticing that every time i take it i feel an uncomfortable tightness in my chest. is that normal? its not crippling or anything, just uncomfortable. please explain why this is happening. thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/23/2010
Doctor: Dr. K., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Thanks for your question. This is most certainly not normal and quite unusual reaction to amoxicillin. I would be evaluated by your doctor prior to taking another dose.
ok. thanks. i was looking at side effects and it had mine listed as something that needs medical attention. do you think i will be fine tonight?
Chest tightness always deserves prompt medical attention. I would go in now for an eval.

If I have answered your question, please click ACCEPT and a BONUS would be greatly appreciated