Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently noticed a change in the surface of my nose.,

Customer Question
It seems to be thickening...
I have recently noticed a change in the surface of my nose., It seems to be thickening in spots. I have had rosacea for several years, and have used topical meds on occasion. I do not have alot of pimples or acne. I use Obaji skin products and Tretinoin seems to keep most of the problems at bay. My dermatologist has just prescribed Oracea for my nose problem. Is this the latest treatment? Should I use any topical creams, gels, etc. What can I do to keep my nose from becoming distorted? Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2010
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 years ago

So your dermatologist thinks this is from your rosacea?

You've posted this question more than once. I assume your answer was the dermatologist thought it was you rosacea?
She thinks it is the rosacea.
OK--is the thickening also accompanied by the typical redness of rosacea?