Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up yesterday with painful swollen glads, today they…

Customer Question
Hi, I woke up yesterday...
Hi, I woke up yesterday with painful swollen glads, today they were still swollen and this afternoon i've developed blurry vision. I do not have a headache or any other symptoms. I am a healthly 24yo male.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2010
Doctor: Dr. Sohaib, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Welcome to Just Answer...

Sorry to hear about your problem...

Did you mean to say swollen "glands" ?

If, which glands are you talking about?

Fever?

Drowsiness?

Regards...

My throat glands on both of my neck are swollen and sore to the touch.
I dont think I have a fever, however I did just develop a headache in the last hour.
I have also been tired the past 2 days.

Thanks for the input...

Well this appears to be a viral infection causing sorethroat and

other features like headache...Therefore, there is possibility of

infectious mononucleosis, causes by a virus, and can present

like this...

Treatment is supportive, and this usually settles spontaneously...

I will suggest you to see your doctor for a comprehensive clinical

examination, which will direct any furthur tests and subsequent

management plan...

I hope this answers your question...

Kindest Regards...

Relist: Answer quality.
Answer does not make sense.
I ate raw oysters on Sunday and i'm wondering if this is a possible cause.
Relist: Answer quality.
waiting for a new response.

Hi again...

Sorry if i failed to make you understand my point...

The symptoms you are having appear most likely to be due to a viral infection (like infectious mononucleosis) which can result in lymph node enlargement...Head ache, fever, eye pain, sore throat --- all can occur with this but not all of these features are present at the same time...Raw oysters appear unlikely to be a cause for this...

Therefore, i suggest you to visit your doctor for a comprehensive clinical examination, which will direct any furthur tests depending upon the clinical findings, and subsequent management plan...

I hope this answers you...

Kindest Regards...