Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having swelling in my lft ankle and leg... also…

Customer Question
I have been having swelling...
I have been having swelling in my lft ankle and leg... also I have been having tingling and numbness in my pinky and ring finger on my lft hand... I have had some adrenal fatigue issues I had a sonogram to ck for a blood clot as well as numerous blood tests that all were supposedly normal. I am 50 yrs old and in perimenopause. Could I have a thyroid disorder or???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Doctor: Dr. B., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
can you mention in detail what all tests have been done so far?
what all medical condition are you diagnosed with?
I have not been diagnosed with any conditions just asthma that i have always had... the tests were for like thyroid and glucose and cbc etc. i am trying to find the copy of the lab request
DearCustomer

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,unilateral left ankle and leg swelling could be due to problems with underlying lymph circulation,so I will advise that you see a physician who can do a physical exam,lymphangiogram to confirm it.
Also ask the physician to do ra factor,esr,crp levels as underlying musculoskeletal disease (arthritis) may also present with unilateral swelling.
Infection as a cause of your symptoms seems less likely.
Tingling and numbness in your pinky finger could be due to nerve impingement,imbalance of thyroid or electrolytes like serum sodium,calcium,so do discuss that with your physician.

Thanks

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.