Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a mucus problem i belive its coming from my nose

Customer Question
good morning i have a mucus...
good morning
i have a mucus problem i belive its coming from my nose
first a couple of years ago i was beaten with a heater and another time
i was beaten and my nose was bleeding
my head lots of bump
to me when i bring up the mucus the bumps is going down
i feel the mucus coming form the nose i have sharp senation i have to cough to stop the sensations
i have been to doctors and they are suggesting its acid reflux
they gave me nexum i refuse to take it becasue i have no sign of acid reflux
i keep telling them the mucus
i keep telling them the mucus comes form the nose i am 90% sure thats where it is coming
i have bbeen to the asma doctors
they gave me advir simcort
nothing is working
can you help me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/22/2010
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 years ago

Have you seen an ear, nose, and throat specialist for this? Is th mucus clear? Have cortisone nasal sprays and/or antibiotics been tried?

yes

its not clear its dirrerent colours

to which of the above?

yes to every one

seen the ent doctor and gotten all the sprays

gillian

I assume chronic sinusitis was ruled out with exam and CT? Did the ENT suggest the reflux as a possible cause?

yes all those test was done

did not see anything

yes he suggest acid reflux

Well, with all the appropriate tests, there isn't much left bu what I call "silent reflux" where there isn't the usual heartburn/indigestion but gastic acid, escpecially while asleep, well up into the nasal passages causing inflammation and drainage. I'd suggest you try the Nexium for two weeks--if the symptoms clear, we've got a diagnosis. Even in that case, I'd refer you to a gastroenterologist to determine the cause of the reflux and whether any damage has been done to the esophagus.