Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a history of high blood pressure, but I am not taking…

Customer Question
I have a history of...
I have a history of high blood pressure, but I am not taking any medicine. I have been feeling a little dizzy and light-headed for the past few weeks. Today I feel a strange sensation in my head...slight but steady pressure on both sides of my head. Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/21/2010
Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Thanks for your question.

Have you checked your blood pressure today or few days back when you were dizzy.

Do you routinely check your blood pressure , if yes what is you blood pressure on average routinely.

Any black out spells with dizziness.

Any other medical condition or medicine you are using.

Any ear symptoms.

Regards

My blood pressure today is 155 over 107. My pulse is 72.

I haven't checked my pressure regularly lately, but that reading is probably accurate for the past few weeks.

I have gotten very dizzy, but I haven't blacked out.

I take Previcid for acid reflux and Zyrtec for allergies.

I had not noticed ear complications, but the pressure is between my ears and eyes.

Thanks for your input.

Blood pressure of 155/107 is significant for someone who is not known hypertensive or not on medications. The head pressure feeling is most probably because of this. The diastolic pressure is normally 80 so having 107 is significant.

The ear symptoms can be cause of dizziness also because ears are the organ of balance and ear diseases can cause these dizzy spells.

I recommend that you should visit ER for this high blood pressure. later on you should see your cardiologist for getting medications for your high blood pressure & also need a visit to ENT doctor to get diagnosed about any ear problems causing dizziness.

Right now you can take Tab ibuprofen for headache.

Regards ***** *****

DR HASAN

Regards