Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have extreme pain in my lower abdomen. It is not UTI as I…

Customer Question
I have extreme pain in...
I have extreme pain in my lower abdomen. It is not UTI as I am able to go without pain. I feel like I have a huge buildup of wind and the pain is like a severe stitch. The pain comes and goes every few minutes or a little longer. I am unable to pass wind and have not been to the bathroom for 3 days. I find it difficult now to walk without pain.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/21/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. when you had last bowel movement, if I am not wrong 3 days back you said? When this phase started in which you are not able to pass wind now? any vomiting or fever?
No bowel movement for 3 - 4 days. Unable to pass wind 2 days. Fever - I was hot and cold yersterday and am still experiencing extreme pain.
Thanks for your details. I would say that there is a strong possibility of intestinal obstruction in your case which is a medical emergency and there is a risk of intestine rupture or perforation. Don't take any stool softeners or any laxative this may increase the risk of intestinal damage. I will strongly recommend you to visit ER for urgent evaluation and tests such as abdominal scan, x-ray abdomen, complete blood count, ESR, c-reactive protein. Don't waste time and just go to ER. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed