Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

High there ive been bodybuilding for about a year now and im…

Customer Question
High there ive been bodybuilding...
High there ive been bodybuilding for about a year now and im thinking about taking steriods to boost my physique. was thinking about tablet form of Anabol/Dianabol. My only concern is that my girlfirend is pregnant, and could the steriod remain in my sperm and maybe hurt the baby,
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Doctor: DR MED MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 years ago
DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD

Welcome to just answer,

No it will not effect your baby.

But i would also advice your to consult your doctor before you take such medication.

Thanks
Relist: Answer quality.
more info please
Answer quality. more info please
Doctor: Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.K.S.Dastoor
Steroids do not get passed via semen, but can rarely affect the quality and quantity of the sperms produced.
There are a lot of side effects associated with steroids, like weight gain, changes in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, abdominal striae( like stretch marks, testicular shrinking, baldness, decreased sex drive, male breast development, skin diseases, heart diseases, liver diseases and depression.
Please consult your doctor before you do start.
Personally I would never recommend it.