Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I work alot of different shifts at work and I snore alot my…

Customer Question
I work alot of different...
I work alot of different shifts at work and I snore alot
my partner complains about how I snore every night.
I have also suffered anxiety attacks and restless leg syndrome int the past. I
also have gained 50 pounds in the last two years. Can these be related?
I have no energy whatsoever to do anything fun and my quality of life
stinks. What do I do to fix my metabolism and get back on track. I fear
that all of these things might be dangerous for me. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/21/2010
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 years ago

Have you discussed any of this with a doctor or had any tests run?

no not yet havent had time to make an appt. yet
Have you tried to lose weight with diet and exercise?
No I dont even go outside anymore but want to

Think I'm depressed a little

OK--before I anwer your question, it's going to take seeing a doctor to get to the bottom of all this. Can you do that in the near future, and, do you have medical insurance?

My partner doesnt care if I'm overweight

OK--but what about the question I just asked?

Yes, I have a new primary and I have insurance.

Yes, I have a new primary and I have insurance. I just keep putting everything off

because I dont know what to say is my exact problem. And my doctor seems to not

listen to what I am saying or she doesnt know what is going on with me. She doesnt look into things. This concerns me.

Sorry for the delay. One more question--any change in hair, nails, or skin texture?

My nails seem a little weaker but was having nails put on so I'm not sure if that]

is why they are weak. They used to grow back thick but arent now. Thin and breaking alot. I have hairloss on the top of head in the front part and my skin seems to be soft not sure if thats good or bad. I do have skin growths here and there on different parts

of my body and keep getting things removed cause they protrude outward so it

bothers me. Doctors check the ones they remove so far good. I have fair skin lots of

birthmarks. I hate my skin right now. I have a couple of red lines on my cheek that

no matter how much makeup I use they are still there. Nails are weak and brittle

right now. Its been three months since I had the fake nails taken off for good.

I did the nails for a year.

My feet hurt all the time after work this might be normal not sure. Also did three

months physical therapy for a problem with my arms. I couldnt lift them more than

halfway. Seems to be a neck problem very stressed and poor posture. I dont like it.

OK. The first thought is this may be low thyroid or adrenal dysfunction. Those can be easily checked with blood work and urinalysis. Another component could be sleep apnea which could account for the fatigue, and a sleep study might be in order. Lastly, depression could also account for the weight gain and fatigue.

Can a low thyroid be not detected i think i was tested. It sure sounds like

that is everything i am experiencing. I read about it just now.

Sorry for the delay. It is possible, though rare, for there to be hypothyroid symptoms with low normal levels of thyroid hormones. This doesn't mean that that's what's going on with you, as I listed other possibilities above.
ok thank you
You're welcome.