Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Pain in chest upper part below the neck. Pain when I lift…

Customer Question
Pain in chest upper part...
Pain in chest upper part below the neck. Pain when I lift arms, try to open a jar or pick up something? What part of my body is the pain in? Do I need to see the ortho?
Thank you. Eileen
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/21/2010
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms to answer you better. Since how long the symptoms are there? Any other symptom? Which part of the chest is hurting? Is it on both side? Any test ? On any medication? Any significant past illness?

Regards.

It started some time ago, no one could figure it out. Recently when I put my left hand on my desk to raise from chair I have pain in chest in the middle. I had/have lump, swelling left side of neck and middle left side under ear. Swelling in throat and neck area. Throat feels like something is in it. Ear, Nose and Throat doctor said there is nothing is wrong with me. Regular doctor said I have fat tissue??? Injured Friday, October 13, 1995. Dealing with Fibroymalgia,2 bad knees, constand pain, falls, etc. Cannot turn my head to the right or left to the full extend. Pain in head & ears mostly left side and left eyeball. Am on Vicodine 5/500 for pain daily up to 4 pills, gabritriel, lyricia before it became popular, HA!, nexium, chest feels heavy between breasts. After each injury ended up with carpel tunnel ob both hands. Sorry, too much?

Thank you for your help. Do I need to go to Urgent Care of Reston Hospital?

Thanks. Eileen

Thank you for the input.

The symptoms of pain in the chest while moving the arm can be due to nerve impingement. As you had carpal tunnel previously, it can be possible. But heaviness between the breast can be due heart pain too. An EKG should be taken. In female heart pain can appear in different way. Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis can cause pain while moving the arm, try to open a jar or pick up something. Though you are in constant pain and always take pain killer, still you should have a check in urgent care to get an examination by doctor.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.