Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Saw my Dr on Fri for ear pain...... I have a left ear

Customer Question
infection, He persecribed Augmentin 875-125...
Saw my Dr on Fri for ear pain...... I have a left ear infection, He persecribed Augmentin 875-125 mg and Ibuprofen 600 mg. On Sat. the left side of my neck,face & ear swelled up,
Not sure but it feels like it's spreading. I also had yellowish/clear water drain from my ear. I still have pain & feels like my left side jaw is sore when I chew food even soft food.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/20/2010
Doctor: Dr. Chauhan, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Chauhan
Dr. Chauhan, Doctor

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Having gone through your description, it seems that the Augmentin may not be working well for you and we might need to get it reviewed/ changed ASAP. Perhaps your doctor would check you for diabetes, and to confirm that we are not dealing with a condition called “malignant otitis externa”.

Kindly have a look at this web resource which is quite informative, and may be helpful to you:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000672.htm

I hope that this helps. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can. Best wishes.