Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has had 5 lower back surgeries within the past 5…

Customer Question
Hello - my husband has...
Hello - my husband has had 5 lower back surgeries within the past 5 years. As of three days ago his right leg is getting ice cold. Is this something to worry about?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/20/2010
Doctor: Dr. Salar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
he needs to go to ER or see his doctor asap. this can be due to blood clot or problem with his blood supply of leg. this must be evaluated sooner than laters.
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
I made an appt for his neurosurgeon who had done the surgeries.....Can it be caused from the nerves. I remember them doing a surgery once that they were cutting the scar tissue that healed around the nerves in his back. Also his two big toes are dead, they dont move up they just hang down.
the toe problem is form nerves . it is possible to have this from nerve damage as well but clot is somthing which needs to be looked for sooner than laters.