Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have cellulite on my thighs really bad, but in the last…

Customer Question
I have cellulite on my...
I have cellulite on my thighs really bad, but in the last year I notice that its getting painfull just to put pressure on them. What could be causing it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2010
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Do you mean cellulitis? Do you have any other medical conditions? Are you on any medications for any medical condition. Regards
no isn't that a blood infection, I have I have that lovely lumpy thighs that so many women get
I would like to opt out so that other experts can help you out with this.
ok
Doctor: Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 8 years ago
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Is there swelling/ redness at the thighs? Do you have fever? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition/ are you on any medication?
it doesn't swell. just on the sides and insides of my thighs hurts when you touch them, i take blood pressure and cholestral and acid reflus medicine
I can understand your anxiety.
We need to consider few causes. The tenderness or pain can be due to muscle sprain/ inflammation or excess use. The other possibility is irritation of the nerve concerned. This occurs at the spine level {pinching due to osteophyte or inter vertebral disc bulge}/ at its course. Possibility of diabetes and thyroid imbalance also needs to be ruled out.
I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like MRI lumbar spine/ nerve conduction test/ blood tests/ color doppler for arteries to clinch the diagnosis. treatment will follow.
Till than take rest/ anti inflammatory tabs may help/ have balanced diet, adequate fluid and your daily vitamin pill/ stay away from anxiety {yoga and meditation help}.
Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless
I don't think its a muscle sprain, its been like this for a very long time, and sometimes my ankle and calf will get real tight and sore to the touch. I'm just curious, theres no need to stress, thats not going to make it anybetter
We need to get it evaluated. It is most likely due to irritation of the nerve concerned. MRI and nerve conduction study will give us the answer.
God speed
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Thank you for your answer. God Bless you
Best