Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Degenerative disease of the spine which is in my neck, I…

Customer Question
Degenerative disease of the spine...
Degenerative disease of the spine which is in my neck, I also in the last 7 months have a slip and fall that I was Knocked unconscious, and a over head door fell on top the head. I have my Ct scanes, and MRI's. I have a pictures of my neck 3 or 4 Cervical vertebra that has a hole in the middle of it, I do believe that that hole was due to the blow to the back of the head and also the blow tothe top of the head that compressed my neck. Most of the pictures that I have looked at show that Degenerative disease of the verebra is the deteriorization is on the top or bottom of the verebra?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/19/2010
Doctor: Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 8 years ago
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
I can understand your anxiety.
Degenerative changes at spine consist of various findings. These are loss of normal spine curve/ multiple osteophytes/ loss of inter vertebral disc height and hydrosis/ disc bulge/ ligament hypertrophy/ sclerosis with may be cyst formation at facet joints/ sclerosis followed by loss of height of vertebral bodies. All these findings lead to narrowing or stenosis of spinal canal through which spinal cord passes. This narrowing causes pressure over the cord leading to various symptoms like pain/ weakness. Degenerated spine is more prone to fracture with minimal trauma. This leads to further collapse of vertebral body. Thus degeneration leads to restricted movement of the vertebrae over each other and so movement as a whole.
Wish you well. God bless