Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just been stung by a scorpine what can I take for the…

Customer Question
I have just been stung...
I have just been stung by a scorpine what can I take for the pain? does davocet contain codine?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/19/2010
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Sorry for your pain. Darvocet does not contain codeine but propoxyphene which belongs to the narcotic group of pain relievers. Though scorpion bite is usually harmless in most cases but it can need more intensive treatment. Sometimes severe allergic reaction can occur. Morphine can be required to relieve the pain. I would recommend that you should go to ER when 2 advils have not helped with pain. Sometimes antiserum is used too.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.