Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had an hysteroscopy on 30 apr 10. the next month i got my…

Customer Question
i had an hysteroscopy on...
i had an hysteroscopy on 30 apr 10. the next month i got my period but it was 2day late. after my period went me and boyfriend been tryin to get pregnant. we found out what days i was ovulating and had sex everyday of ovulating. its now a day before my period is to come on and im haveing browness discharge comein out and i cramping. what do that mean? and i been takeing a hpt everyday since i stop ovulating and it still neg. i even got blood drown and it came back neg. what should i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/18/2010
Doctor: Dr. Sophie :: Medicine & Neurology, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Sophie :: Medicine & Neurology

How long ago was your last period? Do you know the date?
i started my period on the 17 of may
If your periods are regular, every 28 days give and take one day, then if you conceived then it would have happened on or around May 31st, plus or minus 2-3 days.
At this point, on or around June 14th you would have been 4 weeks pregnant.
Spotting can occur in first trimester but what worries me is the cramping which may herald a miscarriage if indeed you have gotten pregnant at the end of May.

It is also possible that your period is coming now a few days late.

Now the reason for negative pregnancy tests can be that there was no conception or if you conceived you might have had so-called blighted ovum in which the fertilized egg attaches in the uterus but the fetus does not develop. OTC pregnancy tests with blighted ovum are often negative.

If you already had a blood pregnancy test, I'd make sure you get a transvaginal ultrasound to make sure there are no products of conception present in the uterus.

A lot of women miscarry when they try to get pregnant and it doesn't mean you can't have healthy babies in the future. Make sure you take good care of yourself, eat and sleep well and take a prenatal vitamins because you may get pregnant next month and you want to be ready.

Best wishes.
i did start ovulating until after june 1st and my cramping is on my right side where i dont have an filopean tube and i notice that im goin pee more and more and i get full real fast and i get sick during the day not just the morning but all day
Sounds like you did not ovulate until day16 or later of your cycle, and depending on when you had a blood pregancy test done by your OB, it might not yet been positive.

Frequent urination and feeling of fullness can indicate a urinary tract infection, so I'd make sure you have a urinalysis.

If you have pain on the right lower side and feel sick, in addition to doing a transvaginal ultrasound, I'd make sure you don't have appendicitis.
when should i take another hpt or get a blood pregancy test done again and is it still a chance that i am pregnantand what about this browness discharge im haveing my period always started out bright red does this mean im pregnant or what
You should have a blood pregnancy test within the next couple of days which if you are pregnant should be positive now.

Brownish discharge and cramping can be due to implantation bleeding that can carry on for a few days. How your period starts can change significantly over time.

Sometimes it can be bright red heavy flow because of how fast the hormones cut off the blood flow to the uterine endothelium and sometimes it's a dark red or brownish spotting if hormone surge is slower.

Pregnancy can only be confirmed with a positive hCG on pregnancy test.
I noticed you read my answer a while ago and did not write any further questions.

You also did not accept my answer.

Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, I would appreciate if you clicked Accept.

Thank you.