Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past week my feet and up to my knees have been

Customer Question
swelling i am 210lbs and...
for the past week my feet and up to my knees have been swelling i am 210lbs and 5 feet 4 do you have any suggestions on why this has happened all of a sudden?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/18/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor

Thanks for your question. I have reviewed your history & symptoms in detail and come to the conclusion that there are few important possibilities which should be investigated and these are liver disorders, renal (kidney diseases), cardiac manifestations, blood flow obstruction in legs. The importatnt possibilities which I mentioned all can cause such kind of swelling of feet and legs. This is essential to have tests for that at the earliest such as liver function tests, serum urea, EKGs, doppler scan, complete blood count. I will advise you to visit ER or see your primary care physician for early examination because these symptoms cannot be ta***** *****ghtly. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Dr. Amir Javed