Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In the last few months, the tops of my feet and up a ways on…

Customer Question
In the last few months...
In the last few months, the tops of my feet and up a ways on my ankle, I have developed a weird looking skin blemish. There are no bumps or raised blemishes. What it looks like is a red lace covering all over the tops of my feet and my toes. I have no allergies and had no contact with anything to cause it. It would be great if it was some sort of old age experience. Thank you. *****
Vancouver, WA
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/18/2010
Doctor: Dr.K.S.Dastoor, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.K.S.Dastoor
You have what is called as lymphangitis..... This is an infection of the lymph glands. The other option is staining due to a varicose veins.
Is there any pain? Is it on the inside, or the outside? What is your occupation? Does it involve standing for a long time?

There is no pain. It looks to me as being on the outside of the skin. I don't have vaericose veins in this area. It never changes. I am retired, was a secretary fo a few years.Sitting and standing both were involved, and thislace only appeared about six months ago and I have been retired/diaabled since 1999. Had breast cancer five years ago am clear now.

Well, a doppler study would throw light on your problem. Also an abdominal ultrasound should look for nodes in the abdomen. Is there any swelling on your feet? Can you post a picture here???
My feet look puffy on the entire surface of each foot. I do not have the tools to send a picture. Sorry. I take furosemide so I don't have swelling problems. My abdomen is quite extended due to a surgery for reducing fat, a tummy tuck.It did not go well.Also have gastric pareisis that is a known diabetic symptom. Have never`been checked for nodes in the abdomen as far as I know, but have had several tests on the lower abdomen, but nothing was said about nodes. Thanks, Judith