Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I cant urinate

Customer Question
I cant urinate
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/18/2010
Doctor: Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 8 years ago
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Since when is the problem there? Any other diagnosed medical condition/ are you on any medication?
good day

No Iam not on any other medicines. I have been like this for past 8 months but for the past 2 days I really couldnt urinate my stomach on the side would blug and i would try pushing to urinate nothing last week I was in the ER becaue i was bleeding from the back but it was hemorroes. NO Iam not gay. Just sick I guess
I can understand your anxiety.
Inability or difficulty to urinate for these may months is worrisome. We need to consider few causes. First thing I am worried for is nerve problem. Irritation of the nerve concerned leads to such symptoms. Causes can be {pinching at spine level or its course/ diabetes/ abnormality at spine causing pressure over the nerve}/ infection or inflammation at bladder/ abnormality at bladder muscles/ possibility of calculus or other obstructive pathology also needs to be ruled out but looks less likely.
I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like ultrasound of abdomen/ MRI lumbar spine/ bladder tone evaluation/ urine analysis to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.
Till than have adequate fluid and balanced food/ avoid smoking and alcohol/ have rest.
Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless