Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on an antibiotic for urinary tract infection…

Customer Question
I have been on an...
I have been on an antibiotic for urinary tract infection found bacteria in urine. Why would I have a yellow stringy discharge upon urination after taking antibiotics? I do not take the required amount as I get too many side effects. Today is the first time I noticed this discharge.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/17/2010
Doctor: Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor

Thank you for your input,

Is there any irritation or burning during urination ?

is the discharge thick ?
No burning, or irritation, the discharge looked like yellow that you would blow out of you nose.

Thank you for your input,

This seems that your antiobiotics have not worked usually this type of discharge is seen

in infections like gonorhoea plus other sexually transmitted diseases can also cause this

type of discharge.

At this point you need is to get a culture and sensitivity test of these secretions that will

not only help to identify the bacteria but also will help to administer appropriate

antibiotics that will resolve the infection quickly.

I hope this answers your question.

Take care and have a lovely day.