Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

In the middle of my daily 2 mile walk, I suddenly and for no…

Customer Question
In the middle of my...
In the middle of my daily 2 mile walk, I suddenly and for no apparent reason I got a pain in my groin. By the time I walked the mile home, I could barely walk. That was a month ago, and I still have pain, especially if I try to do much of anything. Please help!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2010
Doctor: Dr. K., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Doctor
Thanks for your question. You should have this evaluated by your phsycian, as this may be a hernia. If it is a hernia, then it may require a repair by a surgeon. First and foremost you should go to your physician to be diagnosed.
It is not a hernia, There is no bulge.
It may not be a classic bulging inguinal hernia. There is a possibility of a femoral hernia. There is also a possibility of hip pathology that referrs pain to the groin, but it is imperative that you be examined. In addition, hernias do not always have a bulge, they can have intermittent pain, and should at the very least be examined.