Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have just discovered a very small knot at the tip of my…

Customer Question
I have just discovered a...
I have just discovered a very small knot at the tip of my tongue and it is purple in color should I be concerned about this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/17/2010
Doctor: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

HI,

Thanks for using just answer.

Is it painful?

Do you have fever?

Any swollen neck glands

Is it compressible, if you press it with a finger?

Is it like a small lump or a blister?

Can you send me a picture of it, if possible.

Regards

I have been sick and have just finished taking antibiotics it just woke me up you would not be able to see it with a photo I guess it is like a blister I wasn't concerned but when

I seen that the area was a little purple I have never seen that before please help and thank you

Thanks for your input.

Sorry for the delay

After taking antibiotics the first thing which come in mind is apthous ulcers but they are yellowish in color, rather purple. some blood blisters also develop in mouth but they

are extremely painful. Herpers simplex infection can also develop the same way.

I recommend you to start with mouth wash, Multivitamins and in the meanwhile see an ENT consultant for examination.

Anyhow just donot worry there is no chance of any dangerous lesion but ENT consultation is advised for getting the proper diagnosis and treatment because without seeing physically i can advise about different possible causes.

Get well soon

Regards ***** *****

Dr Hasan