Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son does have a penis but it dosent show it is always…

Customer Question
my son does have a...
my son does have a penis but it dosent show it is always sunk in like a turtle he can push at it down their and it dose stick out hes 11 yrs old and has made comments his friends are all hung and he was made fun of having a vagina penis. what is going on..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/17/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Basically what you are describing is not unheard of at all and is called buried penis syndrome.
This can have a variety of causes, from excess fat on the pubic bone to looseness of attachments at the base of the penis.
Some of these resolve on their own spontaneously while others require surgical intervention.
He needs to be examined by a pediatric urologist to assess this, and whether or not there needs to be intervention.
Good Luck
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback the most appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

thank you i went under buried penis and it is what it looks like he has apt at rileys next month.. i was scared for dr. here didnt know what . and that is why rileys.i am and was scared of his future as well thank you for directiong me into hope for him.. it has effected some of his insecurities and is a blessing to know mind over matter it wasnt a case of a decision of male or female.. thank you for your help

No problem
Any time
Simply request me.
dt