Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the last 3 weeks or so I have been extremely bloated and…

Customer Question
For the last 3 weeks...
For the last 3 weeks or so I have been extremely bloated and it feels as though my stomach (or something in that area) is inflamed. It's hard to explain but it is as if there is a knot in my stomach, that is the best way to describe the way it feels. There isn't much 'pain' although it is quite uncomfortable and sometimes I experience some cramping, those similar to menstrual cramps. It has started causing a lot of problems recently. For example, it has become hard for me to eat. After a few bites my stomach inflates and becomes even more bloated and I feel as if I am totally full and if I try to eat more I get nauseous. So, for the past 2 days I haven't eaten much of anything. I also feel nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded, and get frequent headaches along with this uncomfortable bloated stomach. My doctor had told me before that she thinks I have endometriosis, could this be part of the problem? I have a feeling it has something to do with my stomach/intestines. Any advice would be great.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/16/2010
Doctor: Ken, Postgraduate doctor replied 8 years ago
Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
I can understand your anxiety.
Your symptoms suggest that there is excess gas production in your bowel. It is generally due to inflammation/ infection in there. Increased acid production can also be the cause. It is less likely due to endometriosis.
I would suggest you to have a physical check up along with few investigations like upper GI scopy/ blood tests to see for H pylori/ ultrasound of abdomen to clinch the diagnosis. Treatment will follow.
Till than have balanced easy to digest food, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking and fatty food/ a glass of cold milk may help/ exercise daily/ stay away from stress {yoga, meditation help}.
Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless