Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My vertigo was part of a stroke and is constant and severe,

Customer Question
my left side has limited...
my vertigo was part of a stroke and is constant and severe, my left side has limited control, but no balance at all ,do any of these exercises or remedies help no doctor has offered meds for the vertigo just bloodpressure & blood sugars which seem to be under control, I realize everyone may have different results and seems to be many ways to go dont know where to start I wish I had looked this up a while ago now haveing to live on just soc. sec. disability am limited just wish the world would not spin so fast thank you for the help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/16/2010
Doctor: Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Meds that are used are dramamine, antivert, phenergan, and scopolamine. These should be tried to see if one helps. Also there are vertigo therapies that some centers offer. We have a rehab hospital in town that has a vertigo therapy program that has helped some of my patients.