Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How do you treat a rare condition where antibodies are on…

Customer Question
How do you treat a...
How do you treat a rare condition where antibodies are on the outside walls of the veins (instead of running through the veins like they are supposed to)?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/15/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
do you know the name of the condition?
some characteristics of autoimmune disease combined with hashimoto's thyroiditis
Hashimotos thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease, which usually burns out the thyroid and creates a hypothyroid state. Auto antibodies attack the thyroid itself.
Treatment is eventually thyroid replacement therapy.

To approach autoimmune disease in general, medically, requires a diagnosis. To approach it in other ways does not.
An anti-inflammatory, anti-autoimmune diet, for example, will reduce the risks and expression of autoimmune disease. Such a diet can be found in the book EAT TO LIVE by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.
Good Luck
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback most appreciated. Bonuses most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.