Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

4 days ago my stool had blood and yesterday i threw up and…

Customer Question
4 days ago my stool...
4 days ago my stool had blood and yesterday i threw up and there was blood as well what could be wrong with me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Doctor: Doctor Ellis, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Doctor Ellis
Doctor Ellis, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

Was the blood red or black?

How much blood was in the stool? Vomit?

did it happen once or several times?

abdominal pain?

what medical problems do you have?

What medication do you take?

the stool was red and the vomit was thick red and brownish red i take vitamins no medications yes i have had sharp abdominal pain it is the first time

Did the red stool and vomit stop?

How many times did it happen?

Did you see a doctor when it happened?

DO you still have abdominal pain?

Did you have anything with red dye in it to eat or drink that day?

it stopped and they both happened once no i have not seen a doctor yes i still have pain it comes and goes no i didnt have anything with red dye to eat

Where in your abdomen is the pain?

Is the pain associated with eating?

its like cramps from a period but worst and around that area of menstrual cramps no dont think its the eating at least that does not trigger the pain its just all of the sudden

Thank you for the information.

I am not entirely sure what the cause of your red vomiting and stool was, or if it was even blood. The rule of thumb is that if there is bleeding in the upper GI tract area (stomach) then you can vomit blood, but the stool would be black. If there is bleeding from the lower GI tract (colon, hemorrhoids) then the stool would have red blood in it.

The pain that you are describing does not sound like an Ulcer.

I suggest that you see your doctor and consider a GI consult for an Endoscopy and colonoscopy to look for the cause of the possible bleeding.

I hope this was helpful! If so, please click on the green ACCEPT button.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

Feel free to ask if you have more questions....

Feedback is appreciated!