Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Medical Physician and Surgeon
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

What does it mean when you talk to yourself?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are manifesting symptom of Self-talk as a result of endless stream of thoughts that run through the head, especially as a way of stress management or positive thinking. In general, this is common, not harmful, and normal stress management positive thinking technique. However, it can be seen in certain emotional or mental illness conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. In such as cases of abnormal self talk medications like Zoloft or Luvox, as well as behavioral therapy can be used to significantly resolve the symptoms. I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am aware of these things. Perhaps further information from me would assist you in reaching a more vivid conclusion. I am diagnosed with severe depression, and i have been prescribed medication for help with mood. I have high blood pressure, i am African-American, I am married to a beautiful...yet obese woman (Caucasion) that i want to leave because i am embarrassed by her appearance. Furthermore, I am attracted to more fit female bodies. When I see even a moderately fit woman, I want to have sex with her. Then I feel very upset because the woman that i married is not as fit as the typical woman on the street. I then feel guilty for feeling this way.

I know that this information is a bit much but, this is what i deal with everyday.

Thank you so much:

It appears that your life stress, depression about the condition of things, and internal personality conflicts causes your mind to be pressure and then you talk to yourself because you do not feel close to your wife and can not talk to her. I suggest that you confront the situation with your wife. Let her know your problems with her weight and how you really feel. I understand that this is difficult, but it would help relief your internal stress.