Kayfarooq
Kayfarooq, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MB;BS
27326888

I have been having a problem withmy gential area where I get

Customer Question

I have been having a problem withmy gential area where I get uclers like bumps and painful intercourse-like burning while have sex. An these bumps hurt and sometimes ust go away or puss comes out of them.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Kayfarooq replied 8 years ago.
hello and thanks for consulting just answer
The most likely causes of painful genital ulcers are herpes simplex, chancroid, and syphilis.All patients with genital ulcers thought to be from an STD should be tested for syphilis herpes and other STDs,regardless of the risk factors.
you need evaluation for these ulcers,and need culture of the lesions(to look rule out herpes infection)and florescent antibody test.VDRL or RPR test for syphilis and HIV screening should also be done.
you immediately need to consult a doctor and need examination in person fir evaluation of these ulcers.
i hope it satisfies you
please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied.so that just answer knows your request is fulfilled,a positive feedback and and a bonus will be appreciated,i am here for futher help
best wishes
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have done all of that everything came negative and my GYN took a culture of the lesions and nothing came back
Expert:  Kayfarooq replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your input
well if your doctor has successfully ruled out STDs,then i would recommend you to see a dermatologist as various skin conditions like lichen planus,pemphigoid vulgaris,scabies,and non specific vaginitis can also cause genital ulcers.i hope visit to a dermatologist will help you,
i hope it satisfies you
please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied
best wishes