How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a very small sore spot on my ear rim cartilage toward

Resolved Question:

I have a very small sore spot on my ear rim cartilage toward the top. It looks like a tiny cyst or wart - only hurts with pressure - it is whitish in color - had it for maybe two months - what should I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 7 years ago.

Most likely it seems to be case of sebaceous cyst. These are noncancerous lumps or growths in or around ear.
It occurs due to excess production of by oil glands in the skin.

Painful cyst, may be indicative of underlying infection.
The line of treatment may include antibiotics or removal of the cyst.
I advise , you to make an appointment with your doctor and get it managed.
Take care
Dr. Robert and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you