Medical

I have a bump in between my vagina and anus. It is about the…

Customer Question
I have a bump in...
I have a bump in between my vagina and anus. It is about the size of a push pin head, red on the skin and swollen out with a white tip. I also have a 1/4 (approx) cut on the side of my clitoris. I have been celibate over a year, but last Nov. I had my cervix removed entirely due to a large (benign) tumor. The Dr also found pre cancerous cells on... Read full answer
I have a bump in between my vagina and anus. It is about the size of a push pin head, red on the skin and swollen out with a white tip. I also have a 1/4 (approx) cut on the side of my clitoris. I have been celibate over a year, but last Nov. I had my cervix removed entirely due to a large (benign) tumor. The Dr also found pre cancerous cells on my labia which he removed and then stitched up. The cut appeared approx 3 months after surgery and the bump has been there for 2 months. My entire vagina is swollen, I have oderless discharge, and the bump is extremely sensitive to touch (I can barely wash/wipe-I have to just hold the cloth there). Can an OBGYN answer this PLEASE?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Medical
6/14/2010
Doctor: Dr. Salar, Doctor replied 9 years ago
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
this is likely to be an abscess or cyst which may require incision and drainage along with antibiotics. you should use warm compress and use warm water sitz bath with plenty of epsom salt. please see your doctor.take advil/aleeve for pain.
what about the cut? and also what about the swelling?
the swelling is likely to be due to infection of the surrounding area. the cut can be break in skin. physical exam is needed to confirm this.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer I got was something I could have guessed (in fact, I already knew it was most likely the answer he gave, just using common sense)...he wasn't specific re types it could be, if it was related to my surgery/condition, he told me to go see a Dr...isn't that what this is for? To know if you need to actually go to a Dr or not? I wanted something specific that could be the cause, not a general info answer I could get for free on webmd
Doctor: Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician replied 9 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
I'm an ob/gyn- can you describe the location with more specificity - thank you.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I'm 12 weeks after posterior prolapse surgery. My doctor
I'm 12 weeks after posterior prolapse surgery. My doctor used slow devolving stitches..5-6 months slow. Yesterday I began feeling a tiny pin prick stab near the vaginal opening..I can feel, want seems… read more
Connie Pennington
Connie Pennington
Colon & Rectal Surgeon
I have had a vaginal irritation going on now for over a
I have had a vaginal irritation going on now for over a month (37 days). I have had swollen and sore vaginal walls and tissue that and I have been swabbed for herpes cervically once, walls and tissue … read more
drn.iqtidar
drn.iqtidar
I have a good sided lump on my outer libia right next to my
Hi, so I have a good sided lump on my outer libia right next to my inner thigh. It's not painful but I'm worried. … read more
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD
Senior Consultant, Radiodiagnosis,
MBBS.MD
Stop searching for answers—
I recently went to the ER room for vaginal discomfort. My
I recently went to the ER room for vaginal discomfort. My area is very very agitated. They given me a pill for possible yeast infection? I never in life had this it is unbearable pain. I take random p… read more
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Healthcare consultant,
Hurts to wipe and small bleeding for tiny bumps. For a week
Had hysterectomy 4 yrs ago and not sexually active in over 3 1/2 yrs… read more
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Assistant Professor, Critical Care,
A few years ago I noticed a very small bump between the
A few years ago I noticed a very small bump between the vagina and the anus. At the time, it was very small and I thought it may have even gone away, since it was hard to feel in certain positions, bu… read more
Ross
Ross
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Was sexually actively before marriage, been with the same
Was sexually actively before marriage, been with the same partner for 6 years. This last month I got an HIV test and it came back nonreactive. I noticed as I was wiping after going to restroom a sligh… read more
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Consultant Cardiologist,
I have some concerns about my vagina. It appears one of my
I have some concerns about my vagina. It appears one of my labia have been cut and my clitoris repositioned. I am a trauma victim so it is not out of the realm of possibility that I was kidnapped and … read more
khagihara
khagihara
I am a 55 year old female, never been interested in
I am a 55 year old female, never been interested in sexual activities previously, and now all of a sudden I am craving to learn how to masturbate correctly and produce an orgasm. How would I go about … read more
Doctor,
I have bumps/rash on my Labia Majora, that burns. I tired to
I have bumps/rash on my Labia Majora, that burns. I tired to bust them at first. But nothing was in them & nothing came out. NO bumps/rash are in the vagina itself or even on the labia minora & nor on… read more
Dr. Wajid
Dr. Wajid
Senior Registrar Internal Medicine,
MBBS/ FCPS
I'm a girl loved a gay. i had a slight cut by a blade in my
hi! i'm a girl loved a gay. i had a slight cut by a blade in my forefinger when sharpening my pencil, then wiped the blood by a cloth. it got clotted. on that day night, i just touched his penis, as h… read more
Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Medical Director,
Okay my fiancee and I had sex about 3 days ago and my
Okay my fiancee and I had sex about 3 days ago and my clitoris has been bothering me ever since. Ive been using vagisil. I though it was a yeast infection, but its not my actual vagina thats itching. … read more
Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Board Certified Physician,
Stop searching for answers—
I am embarrased to ask this but for the last month or two I
Hi, I am embarrased to ask this but for the last month or two I have noticed small bumps around my anus hole. There's maybe 5 or 6 and some are red some are white and dont hurt at all in any way. Not … read more
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
I had a full hysterectomy june 24,2009. The doctor removed
I had a full hysterectomy june 24,2009. The doctor removed everything due to excessive scar tissue, abnormal cysts ALL over my abdominal cavity, and enlarged, inflamed uterus. There have been no probl… read more
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Board Certified Physician,
I looked at one of those lumps again. Yesterday I wrote
I looked at one of those lumps again. Yesterday I wrote about lumps in my vagina. There are two in the labia at the bottom around the opening. There is one at the apex of the labia a the top. There is… read more
khagihara
khagihara
Tenderness in vaginal opening and painful lump. Why is this?
I am stuck at home alone in a snowstorm. Have had heaviness/tenderness on left side of vaginal opening. Just discovered large very tender painful lump there. Could it be a hernia? Symptoms started thi… read more
Doctor,
I have gotten very itchy vagina during past entire week. It
I have gotten very itchy vagina during past entire week. It looks fine on the surface but I am starting to get very concerned. Is there any possibility of STD?… read more
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Consultant,
MBBS
I have some sort of rash, I think, that appeared around the
I have some sort of rash, I think, that appeared around the inner hairline of the labia (vagina) it starts itching, then feels like a cut. Now it is just above my anus. There is no fever or chills. I … read more
Dr. S RIAZ
Dr. S RIAZ
MS, Fellowship Trained