Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have physical pain. Suboxone is great for withdrawls but…

Customer Question
I have physical pain. Suboxone...
I have physical pain. Suboxone is great for withdrawls but it is not helping my back pain. What can I ask my doctor about for my physical pain from back surgery? I wasin a car wreck sat. and now I'm in serious pain. TheER couldn't give me anything but anti inflamatory med. It isn't helping at all. I have staples in my head and cuts and bruises all over. There should be something to help all this pain.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/14/2010
Doctor: Dr.tiwari, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.tiwari
Dr.tiwari, Doctor
The back surgeries are one of the major surgeries.You should ask from your doctor about following-
1.Was your sine opened ?
2.Is it fixed with plates or screws?
3.Any supportive bone grafting for healing was done or not?
4.The precautions do be taken in future?
5.The movements which you can have & should avoid?

Hope this will help you.
Please read it as an answer.
my spin was open. It was fixed with plates and screws and I had bone graft. It hurts more now then before the surgery. My problem is I can't get the proper meds that will help out when taken normally. I am about to give up and I think I will forever be in pain. Thedoctor that did my surgery had told me that I also had a verterbre that was slipped and could have severed my spinal cord. I am 44 years old and pray that I can get some releif.
it was a major operation.You should not worry the pain after the spine surgery generally remain there for few months but it gradually decreases.You should attend a good physical therapist.He may help you by teaching some exercises,hydrotherapy & give you relief by TENS therapy.Also there are some advanced drugs like carbmazepine which can be used by your pain management doctor.

Hope this will help you.