Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had chronic pain in my back that my muscles hurt so…

Customer Question
I have had chronic pain...
I have had chronic pain in my back that my muscles hurt so much with major spasms. When I go to get a massage I am told I am one of their worst patients because my muscles are so tight and don't loosen up at all and I am in such pain every day. No one can help me. I take vicodin 8 times a day and have major anxiety which makes it worse. Is there anywhere I can go that that can do full tests to hopefully see if someone can hopefully get me a diagnosis?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/14/2010
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Injured discs unfortunately do not find a solution with medication alone in many cases. Physical therapy ordered is often shotgun and not addressing the specific muscular findings.

You should see a physiatrist, who is a specialist in PM&R--physical medicine and rehabilitation, who will have a structural diagnosis to give you rather than an orthopedic or neurologic diagnosis per say, and will know which type of therapy program will help.

In addition, see this link and watch the acu spina video. This device has had an 80% effectiveness rate in getting people with disc problems out of ....problems.
http://www.webmd.com/video/treating-back-pain-accuspina

My final suggestion is that you have an updated MRI done to delineate the extend of the disc disease.

Good Luck
dt
Please click accept to give answer credit. Positive feedback most appreciated. Bonuses very helpful. answers for informational purposes only.