Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had a CT Angiogram Neck with and without contrast…

Customer Question
I recently had a CT...
I recently had a CT Angiogram Neck with and without contrast with indications of Dissection with syptoms of TIA. Result showed no evidence of this, but a statement on the Diagnostic Report has me curious...
"There is mild nonspecific fat stranding noted in the submental region, please correlate clinically."
I have "Googled" this with no results. Please help...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/14/2010
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 years ago

The submental area is the area underneath your jaw bone, either under the chin or along the jaw line. The nonspecific fat strand may only be a bit of fat in one of the salivary glands. Correlating clinically means palpating the area for masses. This is probably a benign finding and would have nothing to do with your TIA symptoms.