Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had surgery not to ago and have a rash on the inner inside…

Customer Question
i had surgery not to...
i had surgery not to long ago and have a rash on the inner inside of my thigh what can i use to remove it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/14/2010
Doctor: Dr. B., Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
can you mention me the name of surgery?
any problems breathing?
are you diagnosed of any medical condition?
i had a hernia repair and they shaved my hair now on my inner left thigh where my groin sits i have a blotchy rash circular area and occassionally it seems to be irritated and itch need help asap its also darker then my other skin around that area
Dear Jacustomer,

I am sorry to know about your symptoms,

Based on what you mentioned,it seems that your rash is due to underlying fungal infection which may present with similar pigmented rash with itching,so I will advise that you get over the counter topical nystatin cream which will help subside your symptoms.

Fat emboli or other cause leading to rash seems less likely ,looking at the surgery done and the symptoms you described.

Thanks

what helped you determine your answer and what are other signs and symptoms of that partiicular rash. the name of the cream you are recommending is known in stores as nystatin cream

Post surgery,a person has a low immune system,which predisposes a person to fungal infection,the appearence of rash and association of the itch,made me suspect a fungal infection.
A physician physical exam will be required to confirm as this is a clinical diagnosis,so I will recommend that if your symptoms do not subside within a day,you may see a physician for a physical exam,to rule out other causes.

Thanks

is this perscribed on over the counter

dear,it is prescribed over the counter.

Thanks