Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

I have a pain in my lower head & upper neck.. it appear out

Customer Question

I have a pain in my lower head & upper neck.. it appear out of nowhere & went away for a few minuets after I got out of the shower but now it is back & I have a slightly elevated tempeture & I am also on Bactrim DS 800mg for an infected zit in my ear & a sinus infection. Do I have meningits?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 8 years ago.
do you feel sleepy or drowsy?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did earlier today & I have for awhile & I actually just went yesterday to have blood work done to get tested for anemia & hypothyorism. My moms a nurse & says I'm fine but Im sooo nervous because every site says that I could have meningitis! PS I have terrible anxiety as well
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 8 years ago.
It is very unlikely that you have meningitis.The symptoms you are experiencing are likely as a result of the sinus infection.Meningitis has more severe symptoms than the ones you have.High fevers and an altered level of consciousness with possible seizures are hallmark symptoms.

let me know if you have more questions or concerns
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
you think my lpn mother would surely know weather or not to be worried. I'm sorry to be a pain I just want to make sure these arent like early stage symptoms
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 8 years ago.
I think she will know, and I think you have nothing to worry about
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Last thing I promise! I'm fully able to put my head down to the front up, back & turn it from side to side but when I put my head back I get little light stabbing pains right where it feel like the head & neck meet.. is this also part of the sinus infection?
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 8 years ago.
that is a common symptom of a sinus infection