Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

As i am unfimiliar with my private area and not sure what is…

Customer Question
good evening, as i am unfimiliar...
good evening,
as i am unfimiliar with my private area and not sure what is suppose to be there or not i am a little concerned. i can feel a lump of some sort on both testicles maybe its apart of the area but unsure.
can you please advise?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/13/2010
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Welcome to Just answer!
Did you notice it recently? Is there any pain? Does it feel similar in both side?Is it located on top of testicle or at the base? Is it smooth and round or cord like? Any urinary symptoms?
it feels simular both sides. one side aches a little, maybe because i have been feeling aroung alot only on that side. they are located on the top. i would say there more cord like than anything else.
Doctor: Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
the stuctures you are feeling are likely the epidydymi, which are located on each tecticle and are quite sensitive.The feel like small pea shaped structures.If you feel other cord like stuctures these may represent enlarged veins called varicoceles.If you have varicoceles or any pain in your scrotum it needs to be evaluated by a doctor to rule out the possibility of a mass.

Hope this helps,let me know if you have more questions or concerns