Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have fluid breast lumps which normally ,t cause me any…

Customer Question
I have fluid breast lumps...
I have fluid breast lumps which normally don,t cause me any problems. However I one of these lumps which is below my left nipple is now quite painful and sore to touch. My nipple looks slightly more pink than usual, should i be worried or what causes this to happen?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/13/2010
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
DEarCustomer
Hello.You need to see your doctor who may examine you and decide on the further course of action after examining the painful lump.The cyst may contain fluid or may be solid.Most cyst with fluid are benign and can be aspirated by your doctor preferably under ultrasound cover.The fluid/clump of cells so obtained may need to be tested(Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology).If it is a infected cyst,the pus or bloody fluid may ber tested, ,it may need aspiration and treatment with antibiotics and analgesics.A Mammography would generally not be required.There may be infection in one of the ducts and nipple,or mastitis may be there.