Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the risk of a 57 year old female 96 pounds with a…

Customer Question
what are the risk of...
what are the risk of a 57 year old female 96 pounds with a prior brain aneurysm and stroke after having been on life support 51 days being given versed, dilantin, depakote and keppa during a induced coma a year later for seizures after having a mild heart attack.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/13/2010
Doctor: Dr. Charogat, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Can you please give me a little bit more information about the patient.

Can you please tell me what other medical problems she has?
What medications does she take?
What surgeries has she had?
What is her level of physical activity at this time?

G-d Bless
She has a history of high blood pressure. Has had in the past back surgery and a hysterectomy and I think gall bladder surgery. She was in good health til last year when she had the brain aneurysm and after that while was on life support for 51 days had a stroke also. She had went thru rehabilitation and therapy. She regained most of her usage back. Still had slurred speec a little and did not have any use of her right arm. She wore a brace on her right leg to hlep with walkinh and also used a gain. She was pretty much an active person only needed assistance with bathing and her son cooked all meals. When she went to er with heart attack and symptoms of another stroke she was on vitaminD, Lisinpril, metatopoyl, and hydrocodone for pain.
The thing that put her most at risk is her inability to be fully mobile. There are a number of things that can cause heart attacks, among them is a clot. Her general health is the most likely reason for this mild heart attack.

I hope she makes a quick and full recovery (from EVERYTHING!)

G-d Bless

If you have any follow-up questions please feel free to ask them.

_________________________

If you are satisfied with my answer, please push "accept" so that I can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.
after being on all theses sedatives for the seizures and in an induced coma for 2 weeks what would you say her chances are for a full recovery
Please just clarify something for me.

A year ago she had an aneurysm and stroke.
Two weeks ago she was given all these medications and has been in an induced coma since?

What have her CT scans shown?

G-d Bless

yes

yes and continues to get all these medications

ct scan and mri shows damage on left side from the anyersym and damage on right side from the schunt all from last years hospitalization

Is there some reason that she is still in an induced coma?

G-d Bless