Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am having problems with insomina nad panic attacke, my

Customer Question

i am having problems with insomina nad panic attacke, my husand (40 years old was just diagnosied with stage 111 olon caner. it there any thing you ight suggest to hepl me trough ttis difficault timr
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 8 years ago.

Hi regarding your problem of insomnia and panic attacks i want to share some information with you panic attacks and panic disorder benefit from lifestyle and self-care steps you can take include Facing your fears can be difficult, but treatment can help you feel like you're not a hostage in your own home avoid alchol,smoking,drugs if you use all of which can trigger or worsen panic attacks,yoga and exercise may be good options.take enough sleep so that you don't feel drowsy during the day.as you have also history of insomnia you can use sleep inducing medications such as tab alprazolam 0.5 mg at bed time.Medications can help reduce symptoms associated with panic attacks, as well as depression if that's an issue for you. Several types of medication have been shown to be effective in managing symptoms of panic attacks, including tricyclic antidepressants such as amitryptyline,nortriptyline or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in addition to that benzodiazepine as i mentioned above such as alprazolam help to induce sleep and also to control panic attacks,so please get consultation from your dr get prescription of drugs you will get benefit.

Regards.