Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was recently treated for two basal cell carcinomas. Now…

Customer Question
I was recently treated for...
I was recently treated for two basal cell carcinomas. Now I'm noticing a very small white dot on my nose, and from what I've read on the internet it sounds like this could be morpheaform basal cell carcinoma, which is apparently extremely aggressive. Can you tell me anything about this (what it looks like, if i catch it when it's tiny if the scar will be terrible, etc.)? Your help would be much appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/13/2010
Doctor: The Physician, Doctor replied 8 years ago
The Physician

Hello, Greetings from just answer.com

Pay attention to the lesion on the angle of the eyes, that is how the mopheoform BCC look like in the early phase, Is that similar to the lesion you noted?.

Though it can occur at middle age, it is more common in the elderly, 3:2 M/F ratio, and the treatment is basically similar to other BCC, though it is known to be more aggressive if left untreated.

In your case, it seems (if you are correct in your assumption) to be early.

Your dermatologist will have to biopsy it and if +ve, determine the best method of treatment

You must be aware of all the possible techniques, Mohs technique , direct excision, curretage and cryosurgery.