Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having dizzy spells. I have had them all day. My

Customer Question
I am having dizzy spells...
I am having dizzy spells. I have had them all day. My pressure seems to be high. Am I in any danger?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would like to have few details from you. whats your normal blood pressure on the average with these medications?
I don't know I just started taking them yesterday. I just took my pressure and it was 146 over 104.
Thanks for your details. I would say yes your blood pressure is on the higher side according to your age. Your blood pressure should be less then 140/95. This seems that amlodipine is not controlling it well and there might be need to add another blood pressure control medication. If you don't care for this high blood pressure then it can be dangerous but if your blood pressure be control with medications and life style modifications such as regular exercise, salt restriction, avoid junk food or spicy one. I will advise you to see cardiologist or your primary care physician for the re-review of your treatment for high blood pressure (hypertension). Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Your dizzy spells can be most likely due to high blood pressure & once it is controlled then these spells will be fine likely. You may require to have CT brain done later on. If you need more help or guidance regarding this please ask for clarification and if you are satisfied then do please click ACCEPT in order to give respect to my time and work here for you. Best wishes and keep in touch