Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been Lisinopril 40 mg. for a couple years. In

Customer Question
addition I have been on...
I have been Lisinopril 40 mg. for a couple years. In addition I have been on Metoprolol 25 mg. for about 7 months. I had my gall bladder removed about a year ago. Ever since the removal, I have had nausea off & on. Since being put on Metoprolol I have nausea & anxiety. Is this because of the gall bladder removal or the medication I take? It's like living hell.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Welcome to JA!
Both lisinopril and metoprolol are not known to cause nausea.
The continuation of symptoms of dyspepsia or nausea after cholecystectomy or development of symptoms after some time after cholecystectomy are termed under postcholecystectomy syndrome and observed in some 10-15% patients.
This due to either remaining sludge or stones in the common bile duct, or increased flow of bile in the gut also producing diarrhea, or reflux of bile in upper GI to produce symptoms.
Treatment needs reevaluation of Biliary tract and if needed ERCP.
For dyspepsic symptoms and nausea proton pump inhibitor drugs with prokinetic agents can be useful.

Regards