Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it possible for an allergic reaction ( itching, in this…

Customer Question
Is it possible for an...
Is it possible for an allergic reaction ( itching, in this case ) to taking an antibiotic for just 4-5 days, last for 3 years, if it goes untreated?......
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for your question. I would say that it is highly less likely for the allergic reaction to last for so much longer time in years, because allergic reaction to the antibiotics do stop or get fine after stopping antibiotics with in few days. The person who is having itching other important possibilities should be investigated such as allergic tendencies which can be due to any thing in the environment, scabies, other systemic disorders such as liver or kidney disorders. I will advise to see dermatologist for complete evaluation and most important to have tests. Treatment should be done according to the cause identified. Best wishes.

Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you.Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed
Do ACCEPT the answer if you find it useful in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking ACCEPT will not cost you anything.