How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kayfarooq Your Own Question
Kayfarooq, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 566
Experience:  MB;BS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Kayfarooq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 21 and i am having lower abdominal pain. I have been

Customer Question

Hi I'm 21 and i am having lower abdominal pain. I have been checked for std's and everything came out negative in March. I haven't had sex in 7months. The pain feels like cramps but i ended my period 2 weeks ago and i've been cramping for a week. Should I be concerned? How can i get rid of the pain? I've taken ibuprofen and digestive ginger tea. I've been going to the bathroom regularly. Whats causing the pain? I'm rarely sick i've never really had any problems
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Kayfarooq replied 8 years ago.
hello and thanks for consulting just answer
do you have any urinary complaints like burning urination or increased frequency?any other medical illness?any menstrual irregularity in the past?are you taking plenty of fluids?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Everything seems fine. I have no complains. I dont have medical illnesses. And I always have mentral irregularities because of my stress level. I stress alot. I think I drink plenty of fluids. All I drink is water. The cramps are more on a annoying pain for the past week. How can I stop the cramps?
Expert:  Kayfarooq replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your input
well after reading your symptoms you donot seem to have any infection.there can be some problem in the ovaries that is causing the problem, as also you have mentioned you have menstrual irregularities this also show you should be evaluated.i would recommend you to get a good ultrasound to see your pelvis and you can take over the counter pain killer for 3 to 5 days or an antispasmodic medicine( to relieve cramps)but that only be prescribed by your doctor as we cannot prescribed medicines on this forum.but you need to visit your doctor to get an ultrasound and examination in person
i hope it satisfies you
please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied so that just answer knows your request is fulfilled.a positive feedback and a bonus will be appreciated
best wishes
best wishes