Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has an intestinal viral infection. the doctors

Customer Question
my son has an...
my son has an intestinal viral infection. the doctors assured my daughter-in-law that she will also get it. what can she to try to prevent getting as severe a case as my son? they are planning a trip to mexico in 1 week and she is afraid she will be sick and not be able to go.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.Saurabh Joshi

Keeping herself well hydrated by drinking lots of fluids, having lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep her immunity up and having easy to digest foods would help.

Avoiding sharing towels, dishes, drinking glasses would help prevent spread of the infection.

Other than that, general hygiene and good nutrition should help her remain fit and reduce the severity of an infection if she gets it.