Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are GMO's? Are they safe for all age groups? Why or why…

Customer Question
What are GMO's? Are they...
What are GMO's? Are they safe for all age groups? Why or why not?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/12/2010
Doctor: Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Board Certified Physician
What specifically talking about - GMO can stand for many things?
GMO stands for genetically modified organism
Are you talking about food items and genetically engineered fooded?
i am sir...
The majority of good in the U.S. is grown as genetically engineered - this includes Meats (Beef, Pork and Chicken), also this includes many fruits and especially vegatables and this is well known - but we still do not know that exactly if it is safe - but there does not seem to be any evidence that it is actually bad altough some people want you to eat 'natural' foods - well the problem is that not much real natural food exists because bugs/pests that eat the food before it is 'picked' and genetically engineered food prevents pests from destroying crops.
sir i need more information
what do you need?